How to remove Pencil and Crayon Marks From Your Wall?
Kids are the powerhouse of creativity – They will channelise their creativity in every possible way, sometimes their creative energies get splashed all over the walls!
Children are curious – You give them pencils, pens or crayons and instead of picking up a piece of paper, they will scribble pretty much on any surface they see. Unfortunately, walls are their first victim!
If you spot crayon, pencil or pen marks on the wall, don’t get in a panic mode! There are few tips you can follow to remove the pen, pencil or crayon marks from the walls:
Ways to Remove Crayon Marks
Crayon marks happen to be the most stubborn stains, but removing them isn’t possible. Here’s what you can do:
- Crayons are wax-based, which means they can quickly melt. You can use your hair dryer to soften the stains off your walls. Once they start melting, gently wipe them away with a cloth and mild detergent.
- While mayonnaise makes a great spread and dip, it can also remove crayon marks off the walls. Apply a good amount of mayonnaise over the marks and leave it for a couple of minutes. Now, use a clean cloth to wipe off the mayonnaise. Use a damp cloth to wipe the walls clean.
Simple Hacks to Remove Pencil Marks
As compared to crayon or marker stains, pencil marks are easier to remove:
- Use a good quality rubber to strike off the pencil marks. Make sure you strike off the marks slowly and gently, or it will result in the paint getting peeled off.
- Baking soda is known as the ultimate cleaning substance that is used to remove all kind of stains – from every surface. Mix some baking soda in water and dip a clean cloth in the solution. Now gently rub away the pencil marks.
- Even your white toothpaste can do wonders when it comes to removing pencil marks off the walls. Squeeze a little amount of toothpaste on a soft and clean cloth. Gently rub it on the affected area to take off the stains from your walls.
- You can also use a gentle detergent to get rid of marks from the walls. Dilute a small amount of detergent in water, and use a soft clean cloth to wipe away the marks. Make sure you use a mild detergent to avoid getting the paint from peeling off.
While most of these methods work effectively; it is advisable to call professionals who can efficiently clean your walls.
If you have any queries, call 03 90882056